What is online blackjack in New Zealand?
Online blackjack is basically a virtual version of the real game, and currently one of the most played games in online gambling entertainment industry. The New Zealand blackjack players have had some problems in the past regarding the online gambling offer, but things have changed drastically in 2021, and now they can access to the high-quality online casinos and enjoy this gambling adventure. When it comes to choosing the best online blackjack sites, New Zealanders should look for the websites that have a license issued from the online gambling authority. The license confirms that the casino is safe, transparent and friendly towards the players, meaning you will be safe and they will not steal your money or confidential information. Also, look for the certified payment services available as these often tell you whether the place is approved and certified, as no certified casino could offer payment services like PayPal or other web wallets.
List of Top Online Blackjack Casinos in New Zealand
Play Online Blackjack For Real Money In NZ
- 1 What is online blackjack in New Zealand?
- 2 List of Top Online Blackjack Casinos in New Zealand
- 3 Play Online Blackjack For Real Money In NZ
- 4 What are the rules of Blackjack game?
- 5 Blackjack variations
- 6 Tips for successful Blackjack playing
- 7 Strategies of Blackjack
- 8 Blackjack odds
- 9 Blackjack Bonuses
- 10 The most frequent terms in Blackjack
- 11 Why should you play online Blackjack for real money?
Are you from New Zealand looking to play online blackjack? Want to play blackjack online for real money but don’t know where to start? This website offers you all the information and knowledge you could need to start playing this fantastic and one of the most popular gambling adventures! We will describe the basic versions, explain why you should play for real money, simplify the rules and frequent terms you see and give you useful tips and strategies that you can apply to become a good player. After reading this text, you will understand how to play this game, how this game works and what it takes to grow into a skilled opponent that will beat the dealer.
What are the rules of Blackjack game?
The blackjack game is played with a deck of 52 cards, but it is not unusual that you are playing with several decks, but the majority of houses use six decks. As a player, your goal is to get to 21 before the dealer, without going over, so once you go over, you immediately lose the round. Depending on the players, aces can have the value of 11 or 1, which is upon the players or a casino to determine while all face ones have the value of 10, and the rest of cards have their default values. Before each round starts, players place bets and then the dealer deals, one to each player and one for himself (all in the first dealing are turned with their faces up). After everyone gets one, he deals again to each one but the second card stays faced-down, and once all the players receive, he turns up the face-down card to see if he stands or hits.
With one that has the face-up, the players decide whether they want to “stand” and skip getting another card or “hit” and take the third one in order to get to 21 in the Blackjack game. The point is that players (as well as the dealer) decide whether they want to take another one in order to get closer to 21 so they place bets accordingly, whether they think the next card will not give them value over 21. The catch is that someone will go over 21 and that means he losses bets, leaving money to the player who wins. In case the player gets the ace and 10 (or any of the face ones), that is blackjack, and he wins automatically.
As each gambling adventure, you can find a few versions of Blackjack. Below are short descriptions of each blackjack version, so choose one that suits you best. Note that each version can have a slightly modified set of rules.
Atlantic City Blackjack
The classic version requires the dealer to stand on 17, while players can double and split anytime they want, without the approval for resplitting. Widely available.
It is played with six decks, and the dealer always stands on 17. Players are limited to doubling on values from 9 to 11, and the player loses all the bets if does not win.
Vegas Strip Blackjack
This is mostly available in land-based casinos. The same as the previous one, with the difference that players are allowed to split up to 4 hands, aces are split just once, and a single one is taken if you want to split a pair of 11s.
Spanish 21 Blackjack
The dealer stands on 17, DAS (double after splitting) is allowed, and players can double on all number of cards. It features a super bonus which is received in case you are not doubling or splitting.
All cards, once dealt, are faced up, and the games use only a single deck. You have the option of surrender. You can find this version almost in every online gambling house.
Live Dealer Blackjack
Live blackjack is among the preferable versions among people, as it features the real agent who you can talk to via microphone and camera. This feature gives additionally the confidence and authenticity to the game and usually players enjoy more this version than any other.
Tips for successful Blackjack playing
- Have two of the same value (for example, two 5s). In case you get two aces, you will get two separate cards for each ace, but you will not be able to draw another one. Note that you need to place the same bet on the second card in order to have a valid splitting bet.
- The second tip is actually a combination of several things you need to have in mind. For example, always split aces and eights as the chances for winning are higher. Try to avoid hitting when your hand is around 16, as it is likely that you will go over 21 easily, but also draw another card when you have these values if the dealer has 7 and ace.
- The last tip is regarding your balance, as things can easily go wrong if you do not pay attention to your bankroll. Never start with huge bets, as it is recommended to see if the dealer is willing to play unreasonably, which can happen from time to time (just as a player would play in case he wins a lot of money). Analyze the table, players and general rules to find the most appropriate tactic that will earn you money.
Strategies of Blackjack
- To apply a successful strategy, you must pay attention to the card dealer has and make decisions upon that, but also know that the successful strategy depends on the number of decks you use. For example, if the dealer has a set of good cards (usually 7,8,9,10 or 11), you should not stop withdrawing, until you reach 17 or more, but if he has small values, keep in mind that you should stop once you reach 12. The main goal of this blackjack strategy is to let the dealer go over 21 and leave you with a win. Whenever you have a soft hand, the goal is to reach at least 18 and then stop, leaving the room for him to make a mistake and go over. This depends a lot on luck, but skilful players simply know when to use this strategy and implement it efficiently.
- Players like to double down if they have 11 and split 8s and aces, as it is easier to chase 21. You actually have two separate hands of 11s which means you will not lose too much money if you play a lot. We could say this strategy is suitable for players who play a lot of hours in one sequence. Besides these, never split two tens, or two 5s, as these are considered to be good cards and can easily get you to win. Usually, you split all the cards below 7, in case the dealer has 9 or 1.
- In case you are playing with the single deck, do not forget to double down on 8 when he has small cards like 5 or 6. Also, try to split if you get a pair of 2s or 3s as you can easily combine these with the next card and get closer to 21. In order to apply one of these strategies, you must play a lot to get the feeling and sense when the time is to apply the successful strategy. Unlike with traditional gambling strategies like Fibonacci’s or the Martingale’s systems that you can apply in almost all betting adventures, you will not be able to apply any of these here. That is why we offer you a tip-like strategy that can get you money.
First of all, have in mind that each online blackjack casino could have its own rules, which are slightly different from the traditional ones you used to play and these can greatly affect the odds. The blackjack game odds are slightly in favor of the house if the dealer hits on 17, so try to look for a place that requires the dealer to stand on this number. Your chances of winning are much higher if you play with a single deck of cards but also a lot smaller if you are limited to doubling down only on ten and ace. Also, the house had the advantage over you in case the splitting of aces is not allowed. These restrictions are optional completely, and each casino can impose these at its own will.
The best payout odds you can find is 3:2, while the worst one is 6:5. Mathematically speaking, in case of 3:2, which means that once you place $20 bet, you will earn $30 once you get 21. The ratio actually determines the amount of money you get once you get the win. However, these do not affect your chances of getting the win. Still, the odds of winning are influenced by the rules like whether the dealer stands at 17, whether the players can double after the splitting if the surrender option is available and the payout. So you need to look a wider picture to figure out how hard will be to win.
As in each gambling game, you can score some bonuses. Some online casinos allow you to get a bonus for your signing up, or making a deposit, depending on the place you are gambling at. Some places offer you no deposit bonus where you can play blackjack online free, without depositing any money. But in a nutshell, you can get the two types of bonuses at the blackjack table:
- A cashable
- A non-cashable
The first one is the cashable bonus that you can have once you reach a certain set of betting requirements in blackjack game. The second type is the non-cashable bonus that allows you to earn more money through increased bets, without the privilege to have the bonus in your balance.
The most frequent terms in Blackjack
All the blackjack players must familiarize themselves with the most frequent terms in the adventure they play. In order to make a clear and comprehensive list of the most frequent ones, we will list below the terms that you will encounter often in this game. These are:
- Ace – the best in the game, allowing you hit blackjack quickly if you receive it twice
- Bust – the unlucky card that pushes you over 21
- Double – doubling the original wager and receiving only one card
- Hand – the set of cards that a player has
- Hard hand – a hand without 11, with a value of more than 12
- Hit – asking for another card
- Shoe – a device that holds all the cards
- Natural – two-cards that give 21
- Split – dividing the hand into two separate cards ( when you have two tens for example)
- Stand – refusing any further card
- Surrender – giving up and getting 50% of the original bet
Why should you play online Blackjack for real money?
Playing online blackjack NZ for real money allows you to enjoy in this prolific game without going anywhere out of your home, or enjoying mobile blackjack when you are commuting and killing your free time on your Android, iOS or Windows smart device. Of course, you can play blackjack online for fun without depositing any money in case you do not like gambling. However, playing it online allows you to gamble more conveniently, without going into the land casino, buying chips and waiting for the table. The New Zealanders can finally play online Blackjack any legal restrictions or fear that someone might steal their data or money, as they can find reliable and legit places that offer this adventure. On top of this, you can enjoy the authentic, creative, reliable and safe applications that allow you gambling for free, but also for real cash.