How to Play Pokies in NZ Online Casinos
Guide For How to Play Pokies
Do you want to know how to play pokies online? Obviously, all New Zealanders know the basics. Pick a game, load it and place the bet, spin the reels and wait for the outcome. You may also believe that there are no other things to consider. Actually, there are a few and all of them will be covered and explained below.
How many paylines should you activate?
If you want to know how to win on pokies you must know what paylines are. They are lines that go through all the reels and match symbols. If the right symbols are matched, a player wins. Now, a slot can have 3 reels and 3 payline sonly or it can have 5 reels and 1000 paylines. It depends on the game rather than on the casino. With 5-reel games, players have the ability to select how many paylines they want to activate. More paylines active, meaning you have more odds for winning. But, your bet will be higher as well, considering you must pay for each payline to become active.
Ideally, you will play with all paylines active. Yes, you do need a bigger bet but you also get better odds for winning. If you are a beginner with that slot, start with a few and then increase the activated paylines.
What is the ideal bet?
The ideal bet is the one that suits you the most. For most NZ gamblers it is the maximum bet you can get by pressing the max bet button. All paylines will be activated and you can expect the massive winning.
What is the auto spin feature?
It means that the game will spin its reels automatically for a specified number of times. All winnings will be added to your account. A player has the ability to choose how many auto spins he needs. Generally speaking, many slots support 10, 20, 50 and 100 free spins. Once the number is reached, the game will be stopped and you can play using the spin button or activate auto spins again.
What symbols mean?
Symbols are used to form proper and payable combinations. They are specific for the game or they can be generic such as J, K, A, 10 and Q. These are always low-value symbols. They do not form high-paying combinations. High-value symbols are always specific to the game and they form jackpots.
Many pokies do have a scatter symbol and a wild symbol. The scatter is responsible for forming bonus rounds. Basically, you can expect 20 free spins or similar. A wild symbol is used to work winning jackpot combination and it can form others as well. It can replace any other symbol except the scatter.
Comparing Online Pokies to Land Casino Slot Machines
They are the same thing developed in completely different realms. Physical slots have mechanical components, springs, and dials that represent reels. They move when you pull the lever and they will stop randomly. However, they have fewer combinations than the virtual type. They also offer lower RTP than online games.
Online slots are based on coding and they are similar to any other game you can play on your computer or smartphone. Thanks to the virtual base, they can offer stunning effects, sounds, animations and more. They also have higher RTP than land slots and they offer higher jackpots.
- 🎰 What is RTP?
- RTP stands for random number generator and it is an algorithm that will randomly display the combination of the symbols present on the reels. There are billion possible combinations.
- 🎰 What are the chances of winning on the pokies?
- The chances are bets presented with a return to player or RTP. The higher the RTP, the higher are the odds for winning a jackpot or at least a winning combination.
- 🎰 Are all online pokies fair?
- No, not all games on the web are fair to play. However, if you play at a trusted casino, you will play safe games. They are regularly tested and they are approved only if 100% fair for the gamblers.
- 🎰 Can pokies be hot or cold?
- Yes, they can. A hot pokie is a game that hasn’t ‘’give’’ jackpot for a long period of time. As such, players will expect the jackpot any time soon. A cold slot is the one that did exactly the opposite. It has provided a lucky player with a jackpot and it won’t provide another one any time soon.
- 🎰 How do you pick a winning pokie machine?
- The best thing to do is to pick a game with as close RTP to 100% as possible and to play slots that haven’t rewarded a player for at least 40 days. Also, activate all paylines and hope for the best.