Mobile Gambling has been part of the NZ culture for centuries. Today, New Zealanders are facing unfair regulations, since their government won’t license websites for mobile online gambling. But when you seek for a solution, you’ll find one.
The players can access international websites with off-shore licenses. There are amazing sites with state-of-the-art software. They offer the best mobile gambling apps, so you can enjoy your favorite games on the go.
But how do you choose the top real money gambling apps for iPhone, Android smartphones, and other devices? It’s our mission to test various mobile gambling sites and give you the best options.
- 1 What Are the Top Mobile Gambling Sites in New Zealand?
- 2 What Devices Can You Use for Mobile Gambling Games?
- 3 What Are the Best Game Providers for Mobile Gambling in New Zealand?
- 4 Are There Any Special Bonuses for Mobile Phone Gambling?
- 5 What Casino Games Can You Play on Mobile Gambling Apps?
- 6 How Does Banking Work When Gambling on Mobile Phones in NZ?
- 7 Advantages of Mobile Phone Gambling over Desktop Sites
- 8 FAQ
What Are the Top Mobile Gambling Sites in New Zealand?
How do we identify the best gambling app? Here are our criteria:
- The app’s usability, security, and design
- The range of games and software providers
- Various banking methods that work for NZ gamblers
- Quick and easy deposits and withdrawals through the app
Based on those parameters, we identified these mobile apps as the best ones to use when you want to gamble:
What Devices Can You Use for Mobile Gambling Games?
Gambling apps Android
The Google Play Store is that it has restrictions to real-money gambling. It only allows free apps with no deposits and no wins. You’ll find several such apps in the store, but none of them lets you create a real money profile.
Gambling sites find a way around this. You can download the app from the desktop sites. But first, you should enable “Unknown Sources” under Settings > Security. Then, you’ll open the downloaded file and install it.
The app will be fully functional. Spin Palace is one of the casinos that offer such an option.
iOS real gambling apps
The Apple Store has similar policies: it blocks real-money gambling apps. The only exception is PokerStars and a few similar apps that let you join a table of poker with players from all around the world.
Social casinos (Big Fish, Gambino Slots, Slotomania, etc) are common in the App Store. These apps let you play for free, with no money involved.
If you want real-money games, the casinos that we recommend will give you instructions on how to install their apps.
Tablets that work on iOS (IPads) and Android devices support the same apps.
The tablet may be more convenient for playing table games. The larger screen is a major advantage, since you won’t make any effort to see the cards.
What Are the Best Game Providers for Mobile Gambling in New Zealand?
Throughout our experience in reviewing NZ gambling sites, we realized that the users prefer platforms that feature multiple game developers.
Those that feature a single developer, such as Microgaming, are common. But other websites have games by a vast selection of providers. These are the online casino software developers with the best reputation:
- Evolution Gaming
- NetGen, and more
Are There Any Special Bonuses for Mobile Phone Gambling?
Special bonus offers for installing and using a casino app are rare. You can check out individual reviews on New Zealand online casinos to get the details about their welcome programs. It’s important to know that mobile players benefit from all standard promo offers that are available on the desktop site.
- Welcome bonus – It’s available as soon as you sign up, even before making the first deposit. It comes in the form of free spins.
- Deposit match bonus – Each casino has a unique policy, but most will match your first deposit by 100% or more. If you transfer $25 to your account and the deposit match is 100%, you’ll instantly have $50 available in your balance. Depending on the terms, you may get free spins as well.
- Loyalty programs – If you become part of the casino’s VIP program, you’ll benefit from all its terms on mobile, too.
All bonuses come with small print. It may be boring, but read it. The terms are beneficial to NZ players, but many are not aware of playthrough requirements.
What Casino Games Can You Play on Mobile Gambling Apps?
Mobile apps feature the same types of games as desktop sites. When you get a high-quality app that welcomes New Zealand players, you’ll enjoy impressive graphics and a high level of security. If you play table games, a tablet with a larger screen may be more enjoyable to use than a smartphone.
Mobile Gambling Pokies
You spin the reel in Gambling Pokies and hope to get matching symbols for a huge win. The selection of slots by different providers is impressive. These are the most popular ones:
- Thunderstruck II and Mega Moolah by Microgaming
- Starburst and Guns’n’Roses by NetEnt
- Wheel of Fortune by IGT
- Book of Ra Deluxe by Novomatic
These give you the feel of a real casino. Poker is the most popular table game for NZ players. Blackjack, baccarat, roulette, and others are also available. Not all mobile apps give you access to table games. We recommend you to read through our individual casino reviews, so you’ll know exactly what you get when you choose an app.
Casino games weren’t the only type of play that was banned by the Gambling Act 2003. The act encompassed sports betting, too. This leaves sports fans with off-shore options. Sports betting apps are usually dedicated to wagering. But some casinos, such as LeoVegas, include bets along with their offer of slots and table games.
How Does Banking Work When Gambling on Mobile Phones in NZ?
So you installed a real money gambling app that welcomes New Zealanders. Now you’re wondering: “How do I deposit money and start playing?” Follow these steps:
- First, make sure that you’re using a safe app with a spotless reputation. Reviews are available on our site. Read through the bonus terms, so you’ll know what you’re getting into.
- Check the payment method options. PayPal is not available for New Zealand gamblers, since it has a policy not to support activities that are banned on a given territory. However, you’ll be able to use many other electronic money transfer systems, such as Skrill, Ecopayz, and Neteller. Many casinos accept cryptocurrency, so they feature Coinbase, Mobi, and other multi-currency banking options.
- When you’re sure that you can use that app and make a withdrawal with a valid banking method, create a profile and make your first deposit. You can do this through the app or on the desktop site. If you plan to use a first-deposit bonus, read the terms!
- The deposits with most banking methods are instant (bank wires are an exception). You’ll be able to start playing as soon as you see the funds in your balance. Have fun!
Advantages of Mobile Phone Gambling over Desktop Sites
Imagine laying on the most beautiful sandy beach in New Zealand and spinning slots or playing table games. Reading is so overestimated! With a casino app, you can enjoy your favorite activity anytime, anywhere.
- You don’t have to go to a casino, so that saves you money that you would spend on traveling, food, and big bets
- Mobile apps let you place minimum bets, so you play more with a single deposit
- You don’t have to carry your laptop around if you plan to play on the go
We have to warn you about something: it’s not safe to use NZ public Wi-Fi networks for any activities that involve real money. Connect on a safe network and enjoy!
- 🛡️ Is mobile phone gambling legal in New Zealand?
The Gambling Act 2003 does not allow any online gambling platforms to get licensed in NZ. But that doesn’t prevent you from gambling on off-shore sites. Those are completely legal and allowed to offer their services to New Zealanders.
Mobile gambling falls under the same category with online gambling. You’re allowed to use apps that are licensed in other countries.
- 🤑 Does mobile gambling for real money put me in greater risk for addiction?
You have your mobile device with you at all time. From that aspect, it’s easy for you to reach out and play a game every now and then. If you cannot control your gambling habits, it’s best to delete the apps when you notice you’re spending too much time and money on them.