Online casino not paying out? What to do about online casino withdrawal problems
The popularity of online casinos has grown, especially since the COVID-19 pandemic. As such, new online casinos are popping up all the time in New Zealand. With the increase in casinos and the number of people using them, there are more and more reports of people experiencing casinos not paying out winnings.
After the excitement of a big win, players can feel frustrated if they encounter difficulties in receiving their rightfully earned winnings. Being aware of potential problems before using online casinos is crucial so that you know what to do should this happen to you.
In the following guide, we will explore some valuable tips to avoid online casino withdrawal problems in NZ and provide a comprehensive plan of action for players who find themselves in a situation where an online casino is not paying out. By being proactive and well-informed, players can navigate through these challenges and ensure they receive the payouts they rightfully deserve.
The Top 5 Most Common Online Casino Withdrawal Problems
When things go wrong with your withdrawal, there are some common reasons why. Here are some usual reasons why things might not be going to plan:
1. You haven’t uploaded your ID verification documents
One common reason for withdrawal issues at online casinos is when players fail to provide the required verification documents. As mentioned above, online casinos in New Zealand have stringent KYC procedures in place to verify the identity and ensure the security of their players. If you haven’t provided the necessary documents, it can lead to delays or even a complete halt in the withdrawal process. Here’s what you should do in this situation:
- Contact the customer support of the online casino immediately and inquire about the specific verification documents they require.
- Prepare the documents – these typically include proof of identity (such as a government-issued ID), proof of address (such as a utility bill) and proof the payment method used belongs to you.
- Submit the verification documents promptly and ensure they meet the casino’s requirements in terms of format, clarity, and validity. This will help expedite the verification process and facilitate the payout.
2. You gave inaccurate information when you signed up
Providing false information during the registration process is a serious violation of NZ online casino rules and can lead to withdrawal problems. It is crucial to provide accurate and truthful information to maintain transparency and ensure a smooth payout process. If you gave false information unintentionally (maybe you go by an alias), you should contact the customer support of the New Zealand online casino immediately and explain the situation honestly. Inform them if you made any unintentional errors during the registration process and follow their instructions.
3. You have already signed up for an account at the same casino
Creating multiple accounts with the same online casino is another common reason for payout issues. Online casinos strictly prohibit players from having duplicate accounts as it violates their terms and conditions. If you have unintentionally created duplicate accounts, you should contact the customer support of the NZ online casino immediately and inform them about the duplicate accounts. You’ll need to cooperate with the casino’s investigation and provide any requested information or documents to prove your identity.
4. You haven’t understood the wagering requirements and T&Cs
Failure to fully understand and comply with the wagering requirements and terms and conditions (T&Cs) of bonuses or promotions can lead to difficulties in withdrawing funds. Here’s what you should keep in mind:
- Thoroughly read and understand the wagering requirements associated with any bonuses or promotions you participate in. These requirements outline the number of times you need to wager the bonus amount or winnings before you can make a withdrawal.
- Ensure that you fulfil the wagering requirements within the specified timeframe. Keep track of your progress and be mindful of any game restrictions or contribution percentages that may apply.
- Familiarize yourself with the general T&Cs of the New Zealand online casino, as they may contain important information regarding withdrawals, account suspension, or other potential issues.
- Any New Zealanders with doubts or questions about the wagering requirements or T&Cs, should reach out to the customer support of the online casino for clarification before proceeding.
5. You are trying to use the casino while on a VPN
Many online casinos don’t allow access from a Virtual Private Network (VPN). While VPNs provide security and privacy, online casinos often have policies against their usage due to potentially fraudulent activities. If you suspect that using a VPN is causing payout problems, Stop using the VPN immediately and access the New Zealand online casino without it. Then, contact the customer support of the online casino and inform them about the situation. Explain that you have ceased using the VPN and request assistance in resolving any payout issues.
Be aware that using a VPN to bypass geographic restrictions in NZ or hide your true location can lead to account suspension and the withholding of winnings. It is important to play within the terms and conditions set by the online casino and abide by their policies.
Final thoughts on what to do when an online casino isn’t paying out
Firstly, the best way to avoid payout issues is to play at legit fast payout casino sites in New Zealand. By following the tips provided and being aware of potential withdrawal problems, New Zealanders can minimize the chances of encountering payout issues. Good luck!