Top Online Gambling NZ in 2021
Guide to Legality of Online Gambling NZ
Gambling in New Zealand is regulated and kept honest as well as fair by the NZ Department of Internal Affairs. The country still operates under the Gambling Act 2003. This agency continues to regulate and license gambling activities and online gambling games to ensure fairness and game integrity. Furthermore, does the DIA regulating its unique program to benefit communities from money gambled on the pokie.
Under the DIA all matters like proper functioning, licensing, fairness, security, standards, and more are under tight law. Act 2003 distinguishes casino gambling online illegal in NZ when the casino is based in New Zealand. However, bingo portals, poker rooms, lottery, casinos as well as bookmakers are legal and allowed for New Zealanders, as long as these are off-shore. The act allows any gambler within the country to gamble legally.
Popular Gambling Online Games in New Zealand
Around 80% of NZ residents gamble in some form with a large number concentrating only on lottery games. A consensus in 2013 showed that more than NZD 2 billion were spent on games other than lottery with pokies the largest attraction. Popular games include:
- Pokies – NZ players call popular slots pokies. Pokies are not video poker but slots that come in 3 or 5 reels and different paylines varying from 20 paylines to hundreds of paylines.
- Video pokers – all types of pokers from 3-card poker to 5-card poker, deuces wild, jacks or better, Aces & Eights, and many more.
- Table & card games – popular games include blackjack, roulette, baccarat and poker
- Casino games – top games like Keno, Pai Gow, Bingo, scratch cards, Monopoly, etc.
- Live casino game – these include poker, blackjack, roulette, baccarat, etc.
Types of Welcome Bonuses at the Best Online Gambling Sites NZ
One of online gambling’s great things is that there is plenty of competition between platforms to win new players. To set themselves apart and entice potential players, online casinos offer various welcome bonuses and packages as an attractive incentive to sign up. Some of the top bonus types include:
Online gambling no deposit bonus
The best type is no deposit bonuses as this allows players to test casino games and slots without risking their own funds. It is never a large amount, for example, players get a small amount like $10, or casino free chip or free spins on specific pokie machines.
This is a popular gambling bonus type that most casinos offer. Players that deposit a particular amount get a matching amount, for example, deposit $20 and get $20 free. These are often in denominations of 100%, 200%, etc. Any casinos will a maximum amount for a deposit bonus, for example, a 100% matching deposit might have a minimum amount of $20 and up to $500.
Online gambling free spins
Free spins are available as part of a welcome bonus package or as a standalone bonus. For example, you might get 20 free spins plus a matching deposit bonus when you deposit the minimum required amount. Free spins bonuses are also often part of a no deposit bonus too.
Instead of giving players a matching bonus, casinos offer a fixed amount to new players. It will not be a huge amount and you will have to deposit a minimum amount for example $20 to qualify. These fixed bonuses can vary from $10 – $50 and as with any other bonuses, it will have wagering requirements.
Deposit Welcome Bonuses
A very popular welcome bonus is deposit bonuses that are similar to matching bonuses. For example, when you deposit the required amount like $20, you will get a specific percentage like 100% matching bonus. When you make your second deposit, you could expect anything from 50% – 100% or more matching. These deposit bonuses are often spread across up to the first 5 deposits. You can expect a matching amount and casinos even give free spins as part of this welcome package to keep players coming back.
Game providers at Legitimate Online Gambling Sites
The gambling industry’s top game providers collaborate with online casinos. Authentic pokies brands come in all forms from low to high bet limits, feature-rich with amazing graphics. These include providers like IGT, Konami, MVP, and Aristocrat.
Other world-renowned games developers include:
NZ Gambling Sites Online FAQ
- Are New Zealand Dollars accepted at online casinos?
- Yes, NZD is accepted at many New Zealand casinos. Not all casinos accept NZD, but these that do, give New Zealanders a chance to play in their currency without the need to convert money that brings additional charges.
- Is it legal to gamble online in New Zealand?
- New Zealand’s Gambling Commission and the Department of Internal Affairs regulates gambling in this country. Only land-based casinos are legally operated within the country, but NZ players are allowed to play at platforms that accept them without a problem.
- Are NZ gambling sites safe and how do I know if I gamble at a safe online casino?
- New Zealanders play at our recommended Kiwi casinos since they are secure and safe. Our recommendations are protecting player’s financial details, personal information plus player privacy. You can verify an online platform’s safety and fairness by looking out for an eCogra seal of approval. This seal verifies its safety since it means a casino is licensed and games are fair and funds safe.
- Who regulates NZ online casinos?
- Online gambling is currently not regulated by the New Zealand Gambling Commission. However, casinos that accept NZ players and offer play in NZD are fully regulated and licensed. Licensing comes from casinos like Isle of Man, Malta, Gibraltar or the United Kingdom Gambling Commission.
- Do I have to pay taxes in NZ when I win?
- Gambling is ordinarily not taxed since it is seen as a recreational activity by the Inland Revenue. Except when your winnings are huge, and you use gambling as a sole source of income. Professional poker players, for example, may have to pay taxes, but other Kiwi players do not need to concern themselves with taxes.