Online gambling New Zealand has experienced rapid growth since its first land-based casinos launched in 1994. As a popular tourist destination, gambling online grew as fast as its land-based counterparts.
Real money casinos online that accept players from NZ have all of the top features and games as you will notice in our online gambling reviews. These platforms allow players to register, make a deposit, play top games at a secure platform, claim available bonuses while they have fast and convenient cashout options. Top recommended online gambling sites for NZ:
Best Online Gambling Sites for Kiwis
- 1 Best Online Gambling Sites for Kiwis
- 2 Guide to Legality of Online Gambling NZ
- 3 Features Safe Online Gambling Sites in New Zealand
- 4 Popular Gambling Online Games in New Zealand
- 5 Types of Welcome Bonuses at the Best Online Gambling Sites NZ
- 6 TOP 3 Gambling Sites in November
- 7 Game providers at Legitimate Online Gambling Sites
- 8 Play on the Go via Mobile at Top Online Gambling Sites
- 9 NZ Gambling Sites Online FAQ
Here is more detailed information about some most trustable gambling sites:
- Our highly rated and best online gambling site is JackpotCity. Here players get a top welcome bonus of NZ$ 1800. More than 630 top casino games include the progressive jackpot slot Mega Moolah. Enjoy live dealer games too at this safe gambling site with secure banking that includes Maestro, Neteller, Skrill, Paysafecard, Mastercard as well as Visa.
- Ruby Fortune – claim your share of NZ $ 750 at this platform with its high 97.31% winning rate. With fast payouts across various platforms, players can play via mobile as well as desktop. It has been in operation for more than 20 years and one of NZ top choices with close to 700 games that include live dealers, table and cards, video pokers as well as player favorites, pokies. While you can access it via desktop, tablet, Windows smartphone, iOS as well as Android, the banking is superfast and top too.
- 22bet – claim your share of NZ$ 300 as one of the highly recommended online gambling casino platforms. With a high payout rate of 97.83% players have access to live dealer play as well as more than 2, 400 slots, and games from industry-leading software providers. Fast payout rates from top banking like Skrill, Neteller, Mastercard, Visa, Bank Transfer as well as Sofort Überweisung.
- Spin Casino – a highly rated online gambling platform with super-fast payout rates and excellent casinos bonus. Here you can claim up to NZ$2, 000 at the platform with a winning rate of 97.69%. excellent customer support with top banking like Maestro, Neteller, Paysafecard, Skrill, Mastercard as well as Vis. More than 700 top games from leading games developers include the popular pokies, table & card games as well as casino games like scratch cards and arcade games.
- LeoVegas online gambling NZ – Claim your share of NZ$ 1, 000 while playing at a platform with a return to player rate of 97.63%. the average payout rate is a maximum of 72 hours with methods like e-wallets, prepaid cards as well as Visa and Mastercard. Experience award-winning mobile play via Android, iPhone, Windows, or Blackberry when you want to play on the go. 24/4 customer support and to games like video poker, live dealer, blackjack, scratch cards as well as pokies.
- Lucky Nugget – gambling site with a very high RTP of 98.26% LuckyNugget is loved in NZ. It offers super-fast payouts with a maximum of 48 hours. Here players can take part in an incredible welcome offer of up to NZ$2, 400. Excellent mobile play via Android as well as iOS it was established back in 2003 with a massive library of games from one provider, Playtech. High levels of security and player safety guaranteed with payment methods like EPS, Interac, Mastercard, Visa, Neteller as well as Skrill. Play Playtech games like video poker, live dealer games, roulette, blackjack, pokies as well as scratch cards.
- Jonny Jackpot – New Zealand players have an excellent opportunity with a 200% welcome bonus for up to NZ $2, 500 as well as 50 free spins at one of the best online gambling platforms. Even though it only launched in 2018, it has an excellent reputation with an excellent VIP scheme. Play one of hundreds of top pokies, table & card games as well as more than 36 progressive pokies. Dream Vegas pays out fast with maximum 2 days waiting period. Banking methods in NZD include Neteller, Mastercard, Visa, Maestro, Skrill as well as Paysafecard.
Guide to Legality of Online Gambling NZ
Gambling in New Zealand is regulated and kept honest as well as fair by the NZ Department of Internal Affairs. The country still operates under the Gambling Act 2003. This agency continues to regulate and license gambling activities and online gambling games to ensure fairness and game integrity. Furthermore, does the DIA regulating its unique program to benefit communities from money gambled on the pokie.
Under the DIA all matters like proper functioning, licensing, fairness, security, standards, and more are under tight law. Act 2003 distinguishes casino gambling online illegal in NZ when the casino is based in New Zealand. However, bingo portals, poker rooms, lottery, casinos as well as bookmakers are legal and allowed for New Zealanders, as long as these are off-shore. The act allows any gambler within the country to gamble legally.
Features Safe Online Gambling Sites in New Zealand
Players looking for online gambling in New Zealand have no problems with government repercussions when they choose a platform that is outside of NZ borders. NZD is not accepted at all casinos but we list the top NZD accepted platforms. With no online casinos based in the country, licensed online gaming platforms from other countries welcome players by offering features like:
- NZD as an accepted currency
- Casino bonus for NZ players
- Banking methods that apply to New Zealand
- A strong reputation as fair and secure platforms
- Certified as a regulated casino with eCogra seal
Popular Gambling Online Games in New Zealand
Around 80% of NZ residents gamble in some form with a large number concentrating only on lottery games. A consensus in 2013 showed that more than NZD 2 billion were spent on games other than lottery with pokies the largest attraction. Popular games include:
- Pokies – NZ players call popular slots pokies. Pokies are not video poker but slots that come in 3 or 5 reels and different paylines varying from 20 paylines to hundreds of paylines.
- Video pokers – all types of pokers from 3-card poker to 5-card poker, deuces wild, jacks or better, Aces & Eights, and many more.
- Table & card games – popular games include blackjack, roulette, baccarat and poker
- Casino games – top games like Keno, Pai Gow, Bingo, scratch cards, Monopoly, etc.
- Live casino game – these include poker, blackjack, roulette, baccarat, etc.
Types of Welcome Bonuses at the Best Online Gambling Sites NZ
One of online gambling’s great things is that there is plenty of competition between platforms to win new players. To set themselves apart and entice potential players, online casinos offer various welcome bonuses and packages as an attractive incentive to sign up. Some of the top bonus types include:
Online gambling no deposit bonus
The best type is no deposit bonuses as this allows players to test casino games and slots without risking their own funds. It is never a large amount, for example, players get a small amount like $10, or casino free chip or free spins on specific pokie machines.
This is a popular gambling bonus type that most casinos offer. Players that deposit a particular amount get a matching amount, for example, deposit $20 and get $20 free. These are often in denominations of 100%, 200%, etc. Any casinos will a maximum amount for a deposit bonus, for example, a 100% matching deposit might have a minimum amount of $20 and up to $500.
Online gambling free spins
Free spins are available as part of a welcome bonus package or as a standalone bonus. For example, you might get 20 free spins plus a matching deposit bonus when you deposit the minimum required amount. Free spins bonuses are also often part of a no deposit bonus too.
Instead of giving players a matching bonus, casinos offer a fixed amount to new players. It will not be a huge amount and you will have to deposit a minimum amount for example $20 to qualify. These fixed bonuses can vary from $10 – $50 and as with any other bonuses, it will have wagering requirements.
Deposit Welcome Bonuses
A very popular welcome bonus is deposit bonuses that are similar to matching bonuses. For example, when you deposit the required amount like $20, you will get a specific percentage like 100% matching bonus. When you make your second deposit, you could expect anything from 50% – 100% or more matching. These deposit bonuses are often spread across up to the first 5 deposits. You can expect a matching amount and casinos even give free spins as part of this welcome package to keep players coming back.
TOP 3 Gambling Sites in November
Game providers at Legitimate Online Gambling Sites
The gambling industry’s top game providers collaborate with online casinos. Authentic pokies brands come in all forms from low to high bet limits, feature-rich with amazing graphics. These include providers like IGT, Konami, MVP, and Aristocrat.
Other world-renowned games developers include:
- NextGen Gaming
- ELK Studios
Play on the Go via Mobile at Top Online Gambling Sites
NZ players have access to mobile play via direct casino access as well as apps. Websites offer a responsive design which means you can access play regardless of screen size as the casino platform responds to different sizes and resolutions and show perfectly regardless of device size. Android, iPhone, Windows as well as Blackberry platforms offer fast connections speeds, easy to use interface and crisp graphics which ensure top on-the-go play. Casinos respond to growing needs in on-the-go gambling allowing players to:
- Register via mobile
- Claim bonuses & promotions
- Full access to mobile banking
- Participate in uninterrupted tournaments in NZ
- Secure encrypted mobile casinos
NZ Gambling Sites Online FAQ
- Are New Zealand Dollars accepted at online casinos?
Yes, NZD is accepted at many New Zealand casinos. Not all casinos accept NZD, but these that do, give New Zealanders a chance to play in their currency without the need to convert money that brings additional charges.
- Is it legal to gamble online in New Zealand?
New Zealand’s Gambling Commission and the Department of Internal Affairs regulates gambling in this country. Only land-based casinos are legally operated within the country, but NZ players are allowed to play at platforms that accept them without a problem.
- Are NZ gambling sites safe and how do I know if I gamble at a safe online casino?
New Zealanders play at our recommended Kiwi casinos since they are secure and safe. Our recommendations are protecting player’s financial details, personal information plus player privacy. You can verify an online platform’s safety and fairness by looking out for an eCogra seal of approval. This seal verifies its safety since it means a casino is licensed and games are fair and funds safe.
- Who regulates NZ online casinos?
Online gambling is currently not regulated by the New Zealand Gambling Commission. However, casinos that accept NZ players and offer play in NZD are fully regulated and licensed. Licensing comes from casinos like Isle of Man, Malta, Gibraltar or the United Kingdom Gambling Commission.
- Do I have to pay taxes in NZ when I win?
Gambling is ordinarily not taxed since it is seen as a recreational activity by the Inland Revenue. Except when your winnings are huge, and you use gambling as a sole source of income. Professional poker players, for example, may have to pay taxes, but other Kiwi players do not need to concern themselves with taxes.